- For quick and convenient measurement of environmental samples with charged-particle detectors.
- Superior design and construction.
- Accommodates extra large samples.
- Easily adjustable and repeatable sample-detector geometry.
- Low-background sample holders.
- Compatible with any ORTEC charged-particle detector equipped with a Microdot® connector.
- Front-opening hinged door.
- Three-way, high-quality, “Pump,” “Hold,” and “Vent” vacuum valve.
- Compatible with the ORTEC ALPHA-PPS-115 (or -230) Portable Pumping Station.
The ORTEC Model 808 Vacuum Chamber provides a quick and convenient way to measure the alpha and beta activity of environmental samples. It accommodates a wide range of sizes of samples and detectors. The chamber can accept sample trays measuring up to 10.8 x 14 cm (4.25 x 5.5 in.), with nominal sample size 10 cm (4 in.) in diameter.
The precise, internal, rack mounting structure ensures repeatable detector/sample geometry. A front-opening, hinged door permits easy access for inserting and removing samples and detectors.
A wide variety of charged-particle detectors fitted with a Microdot S-93 connector can be used. Typically, one would use ORTEC ion implanted or surface-barrier detectors in a B mount; also suitable in certain applications are detectors in E or T mounts.
The sample holder trays are made of special low-background materials. The chamber is equipped with a hermetic electrical feedthrough that provides a male connection to a Microdot S-93 for ready installation of a silicon charged-particle detector and preamplifier.
A 3-inch hook-and-loop fastener is provided for connecting the preamplifier to the rear panel.
The ORTEC Model ALPHA-PPS-115 (or -230) Portable Pumping Station is an excellent choice for use with the Model 808 Vacuum Chamber. The optional vacuum hose, model 808OPT1 provides a 4-ft vacuum hose that connects to the ALPHA-PPS-115 (or -230).