- Compact Size fits into 3.5 inch diameter hole when used with 70-mm endcap radiation detector.
- Weight ~12 lbs.
- Can withstand 100% humidity, noncondensing.
- ~16 hours LN2 holding time with 70-mm endcap radiation detector.
- Available with GEM, GMX, GLP, PROFILE, or Safeguards radiation detector types.
- 100 ft. operating depth.
- Complete with eye hook or attachment for cable rigging.
The ORTEC Shallow Hole Probe is designed for surveying shallow bore holes in and around mine and mill tailing dumps and landfills, formerly utilized nuclear materials facilities, and other waste management sites.
In the waste management application, high-resolution spectroscopy is desired, dictating the use of a high-purity germanium (HPGe) radiation detector. A special compact dewar has been designed to supply 0.77 liters of LN2
for detector cooling, providing approximately 16-hours of holding time during operation with a 70-mm endcap radiation detector.
This compact system, when used with a 70-mm endcap radiation detector, has a maximum outer diameter of 2.95 inches, which makes it ideal for shallow-depth bore-hole logging in 3.25 inch inner diameter pipes, casings, holes, etc. The single cable and dewar will fit comfortably within a 3.25 inch inner diameter space.
The Shallow Hole Probe is available in PopTop or Streamline cryostat/dewar combination.