PINS3-CW combines the latest chemical analysis identification technology with the industry leading ORTEC trans-SPEC-N high purity germanium platform.
The PINS3-CW eliminates the need for liquid nitrogen and a Californium-252 neutron source, providing ease of depolyment in OCONUS missions. It offers built-in automatic ID of chemicals - all in a rugged design for field deployment.
PINS3-CW Standard Features
Along with the addition of the trans-SPEC-N, the PINS3-CW also includes the additional capability and features such as:
- No liquid nitrogen required.
- Uses a mechanically cooled, field deployable gamma spectrometer (ORTEC trans-SPEC-N).
- No Californium-252 source required.
- Auto analysis of chemicals.
- Uses a portable Neutron Generator.
- Ruggedized laptop with Chemical Analysis and identification software.
- 12 hour runtime with external rechargeable batteries.
- Lightweight measurement stand.
- USB and Power cables.
- Safety kit.
- Hardened wheeled transport cases.
- Requires no disassembly while taking samples of the materials or during inspection of the container.
- Users have limited exposure to the material of interest.
- Limited exposure accidents - users are not handling special materials.
- Simple, fast setup and operation.
- Longer operational times require less battery changes.
- Prepackaged for easy shipping and handling.
- Reduces risk to the public, workers and emergency response personnel by rapidly obtaining detailed information and distributing it to the appropriate authorities and responders.
- Optional Detective software will allow the trans-SPEC-N to operate as an ORTEC Detective (model DETDX-100T-GP).