• Stand-alone instrument designed for bench-top operation
• Interfaces directly to photomultiplier tube bases such as Models 266, 276, and 296
• Protected against sudden positive or negative high-voltage spikes
• Amplifier provides a 10-volt linear output and features low input noise and a wide gain range to allow a variety of applications
• Lower Level and Upper Level can be set over a 200:1 dynamic range from 50 mV to 9.99 V
• Front-panel push-button selects setting in volts, or count rate in kcps, 3-digit display
• High-voltage supply is continuously adjustable from 50 to 2000 V dc, and the output polarity is selectable
The ACE Mate Preamplifier, Amplifier, Bias Supply, and SCA provides the link between scintillation detectors and most ORTEC Multichannel Analyzers. ACE Mate, a stand-alone instrument designed for bench-top operation, incorporates a low-noise preamplifier, a spectroscopy-type shaping amplifier, a single-channel analyzer, count-rate monitor, HV power supply, and a digital display to monitor these functions. The ACE Mate module interfaces directly to ORTEC photomultiplier tube bases such as the Models 266, 276, and 296, which can be coupled with the 905 series of scintillation detectors.