• Simulates radiation detector output signals
• May be calibrated to read directly in terms of equivalent energy deposition in semiconductor radiation detectors
• Exponential pulse shape with <10-ns rise time and 200- or 400-µs decay time constant
• Line frequency pulse rate
• Positive or negative polarity
• Direct 0 to 10-V output
• Attenuated output with 1000:1 attenuation range
The ORTEC Model 480 Pulser simulates the output signal from a solid-state or scintillation radiation detector and provides a means of checking electronic instruments in a pulse processing system. It has 1% overall accuracy, good stability as a function of temperature and time, and front-panel controls that allow the instrument to be calibrated to read directly in terms of equivalent energy deposited in a radiation detector.