• 1-GHz preamplifier for timing applications with pulses from ultra-fast detectors (microchannel plates, microchannel-plate photomultipliers, channeltrons, silicon diodes, photomultipliers, and electron multipliers)
• 350-ps rise time
• Gain ≈ 100 (non-inverting)
• 100-kHz to 1-GHz bandwidth
• Two identical outputs deliver 0 to –2 V pulses on 50-Ω loads
• 50-Ω input and output impedances, ac-coupled
The ORTEC Model 9306 1-GHz Preamplifier is optimized for fast timing and counting applications with detectors that deliver pulses with ultra-fast rise times. An output rise time of 350 ps and a non-inverting gain of 100 make the Model 9306 ideal for use with microchannel plates, microchannel-plate photomultipliers, channeltrons, silicon diodes, fast photomultiplier tubes, and electron multipliers. The compact preamplifier case with captive power cord permits close coupling to the detector to minimize sensitivity to environmental noise.