• Bias voltage for germanium and silicon detectors
• 0–5 kV or 0–500 V at 0–100 µA
• Remote shutdown feature compatible with ORTEC and TTL outputs from warmup sensors on germanium detectors
• Reset safety feature on remote shutdown minimizes risk of preamplifier FET damage
• Selected output polarity indicated before bias voltage is turned on
• Automatic overload protection and overload indicator
The ORTEC Model 659 5-kV Detector Bias Supply furnishes bias voltage for germanium detectors, silicon detectors, or ionization chambers. It can be used with any detector that draws less than 100 µA of current, and whose gain is insensitive to the applied voltage. The output voltage is continuously adjustable from zero to full scale with a calibrated and locking 5-turn dial. Separate outputs are provided for the 0–5 kV and the 0–500 V ranges. A 10-segment bar-graph indicator verifies that the selected voltage is being supplied at the output.