• For scintillation detectors employing 10-stage PMTs that fit standard 14-pin sockets
• Internal, adjustable, high-voltage bias supply eliminates high- voltage cables
• Integral spectroscopy preamplifier avoids dangling boxes
• Active bias network minimizes peak shifts at high counting rates
• Anode timing output for coincidence measurements
• Low power consumption (240 mW) for portable applications
• Convenient, single-cable connection for most applications
The ScintiPack Photomultiplier Base (Model 296) includes everything needed for scintillation detectors in one compact package: a low-power, adjustable, high-voltage supply, an active bias network, and a spectroscopy preamplifier. Incorporating the bias supply in the photomultiplier base eliminates high-voltage cable connections to bulky, external, HV supplies. As a result, the ScintiPack operates with extremely low power consumption (240 mW). This makes the ScintiPack attractive for portable applications, as well as for high-density detector arrays.