• Four 8-decade counters with full computer control and readout (CCNIM™)
• One counter that can function as a presettable timer or counter
• One counter can function as a timer
• 100-MHz negative or 25-MHz positive input count rate
• RS-232-C interface
• Crystal-controlled time base
• Auto Recycle dwell time control
The ORTEC Model 974A is a four-channel, 100-MHz Counter/Timer in a CCNIM™ (computer-controlled NIM) package. It can be computer-controlled or manually operated. The Model 974A may be used as a three-channel counter with one presettable timer, a four-channel counter (one counter channel presettable), or as a three-channel counter (one counter channel preset-table) with one timer. Any one of the four 100-MHz counter/timer channels can be monitored on the large, 8-decade LED display. In addition to the four 100-MHz channels, the Model 974A incorporates an 8-decade, presettable Event counter that can only be controlled or read through the computer interface.