• Optimum pulse shaping and amplification for timing with germanium and other solid-state detectors
• Four amplifiers in a single-width NIM for experiments with a large number of detectors
• Selectable integration and differentiation filters
• Selectable cable clipping of the input signal
• Rise time <10 ns for outputs from 0 to ±5 V on a 50-Ω load
• Front-panel pole-zero adjustment
The ORTEC Model 863 Quad Timing Filter Amplifier incorporates four separate timing filter amplifiers in a single-width NIM module. This design provides a compact and cost-effective solution for experiments where timing is required on a number of detectors. Together with an ORTEC Model 935 Quad Constant-Fraction Timing Discriminator, the Model 863 can provide optimum timing for up to four germanium detectors. The unit can also be used for timing with other solid-state detectors, or operate as a general- purpose wideband amplifier with selectable bandwidth.