• Dual purpose: High-rate and low-rate energy spectroscopy with Ge detectors
• Both Semi-Gaussian and Gated Integrator outputs
• Gated Integrator compensates for charge collection time variations in Ge detectors for improved energy resolution and throughput at high counting rates
• Semi-Gaussian output offers optimum resolution at low counting rates
• Shaping time constants from 0.25 to 6 µs
• Built-in gated BLR and pile-up rejector
The ORTEC Model 673 Spectroscopy Amplifier and Gated Integrator is a dual purpose amplifier for high-resolution energy spectroscopy with germanium detectors at both low and high counting rates. In addition to a conventional, semi-Gaussian shaping amplifier, the Model 673 includes a Gated Integrator to achieve excellent energy resolution at high throughputs. The UNIPOLAR output of the semi-Gaussian amplifier is identical to the ORTEC Model 572, except that the shaping time constants range from 0.25 to 6 µs. The longer shaping time constants on this output provide the best energy resolution at low counting rates.