• High-performance energy spectroscopy with all types of detectors (Ge, Si, scintillation; proportional counters)
• Automatic Pole-Zero Adjustment* makes setup with any detector easy
• Choice of triangular and Gaussian filters effectively doubles the time constants available for optimum resolution
• Automatic noise discriminators on both the pile-up rejector and the baseline restorer eliminate all screwdriver adjustments
• Automatic baseline restorer rate for superior performance at both low and high counting rates
• Differential input for reduction of ground loop noise
• Automatically compensates for reset recovery with transistor-reset preamplifiers
The ORTEC Model 672 high-performance, energy spectroscopy amplifier is ideally suited for use with germanium, Si(Li), and silicon charged-particle detectors. It can also be used with scintillation detectors and proportional counters. The Model 672 input accepts either positive or negative polarity signals from a detector preamplifier and provides a positive 0 to 10-V output signal suitable for use with single or multichannel pulse-height analyzers. Its gain is continuously variable from 2.5 to 1500.
Automation of all the critical adjustments makes the Model 672 easy to set up with any detector, and provides a performance that is nearly independent of operator expertise.