• High-performance energy spectroscopy with all types of detectors (Ge, Si, scintillation; proportional counters)
• Compact, single-width NIM module
• Choice of triangular and Gaussian filters effectively doubles the time constants available for optimum resolution
• Automatic noise discriminators on both the pile-up rejector and the baseline restorer eliminate screwdriver adjustments
• Automatic baseline restorer rate for optimum performance at both low and high counting rates
• Differential input for reduction of ground loop noise
• Automatically compensates for reset recovery with transistor-reset preamplifiers
The ORTEC Model 671 high- performance, energy spectroscopy amplifier is ideally suited for use with germanium, Si(Li), and silicon charged-particle detectors. It can also be used with scintillation detectors and proportional counters. The Model 671 input accepts either positive or negative polarity signals from a detector preamplifier and provides a positive 0 to 10-V output signal suitable for use with single-channel or multichannel pulse height analyzers. Its gain is continuously variable from 2.5 to 1500.
Automation of critical adjustments makes the Model 671 easy to set up with any detector, while minimizing the required operator expertise.