• Timing with germanium detectors
• Energy spectroscopy at ultra-high count rates
• Selectable filter for pulse shaping
• Signal-to-noise ratio optimization
• Continuously adjustable gain, X2 to X250
• Pole-zero cancellation
The ORTEC Model 474 Timing Filter Amplifier is especially designed to shape pulses and permit optimizing the signal-to-noise ratio for timing measurements. The Model 474 is particularly suited for use with an ORTEC Constant-Fraction Timing Discriminator in timing applications with germanium or silicon charged-particle detectors. It derives its input signal directly from the preamplifier output.