FoodGuard-1 Food Screening System Based on NaI(Tl) Detectors
Download the new Food Monitoring Solutions brochure
The ORTEC FoodGuard-1 Sodium Iodide Food Screening system is designed for the rapid screening of foodstuffs, both solids and liquids, for radioactive isotope contamination. Primarily designed for "front line" response for food producers, traders, import, and export agencies, etc., FoodGuard-1 is an out of the box solution developed specifically to get your up and testing samples in a matter of minutes.
- High efficiency counting and easy sample loading using 3” x 3” NaI detector in bench-top lead shield.
- Simple to assemble with USB connected digiBASE that contains all required electronics: miniaturized preamplifier and detector high voltage with powerful digital signal processing and multichannel analyzer.
- Intuitive software display, high degree of automation and results storage or printing.
- Clear results with calculations such as percentage of maximum permitted concentration (MPC).
- Immediate feedback with audible alarms to warn of sample activities that exceed a user-set percent of MPC limit.
- Light enough to be transported to the place of use, such as a port for food market.
- Supplied pre-calibrated and ready to use with sample containers and a check source.
FoodGuard-1 may also be used in other counting applications such as radon filter counting, test swipes counting, water monitoring and materials monitoring.
A standard FoodGuard-1 screening system includes:
Download the FoodGuard-1 brochure